How to Reach
Gondia is situated about 170 Kms by road. from Nagpur of Vidarbha region. The district have road links to adjoining districts Chandrapur, Bhandara, Nagpur. The city is well connected by roads. It takes around 4 hours journey from Nagpur by State Transport Bus to reach Gondia. However Railway route is comfortable and takes 2 hours. It is 130 km by rail from Nagpur.
The major highlights about the transportation in Gondia District is as follows:
- No. of National Highway — 1 (NH-6)
- National Highway in Km — 34 km
- State Highway in Km — 401 K.M.
- Other District Roads in K.M. — 678.86 K.M.
- No. of ST Depots — 2 (Gondia, Tirora)
- No. of Villages not accessed by ST — 271
- Railway Route in Km — 181.8 KM
- No. of Railway bridges — 1 Chulbandh
- No. of Important Railway Stations — 3 (Gondia, Tirora, Amgaon)
- No. of Airports — 1 Birsi
- No. of Sub-Post Offices — 161